Electric shock type pain below belly button. Any ideas?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello All

I'm a 44 year old male and today I've been experiencing some weird pains and feeling around my lower abdominal area. Just wondering if any of you kind folk would be able to give me some ideas as to what it could be. I'll also post this in the abdominal disorders section as these problems seem relevant to that section.

Firstly, I get this odd electric shock type pain in an area about two inches directly below my belly button. There has felt like a constantly discomfort in that area all day, and I've felt slightly nauseous all day, but every now and and again the pain changes to this electric shock type pain that almost takes my breath away. this shock pain doesn't last long, 30 seconds to 1 minute max, then goes back to the discomfort type pain. On top of that I seem to flatulating (farting) a lot more than usual, plus I've been getting odd moments where I can feel areas of my lower abdomen are fluttering. The shock type pain, flatulating and fluttering don't seem to coincide with each other or with anything I do, it's all very random.

Apart from that everything else with me seems fine. No fever, sickness or bowel movement issues, pulse and temperature seem fine, I don't think I've strained anything, haven't really done much to strain anything anyway, its all very strange. Any ideas and thoughts on what this could be would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have gastritis and hiatus hernia and get something like this. My gastroscopy also showed diverticula,which could also be responsible. Some patients with liver issues report a pain near their belly button.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.