Extrinsic Allergic Alveolitis is a rotten health problem i have had it for ten year...

Posted , 4 users are following.

It is a rotten health problem i have had it for ten years approx. it is very bad at the moment because i also have a sinus problem, i am always coughing am tired and can only do a certain amount of exercise, i just wish i could get relief from the cough i am on steroids and tablets to protect my bones. If anyone has any helpful suggestions about the cough i would be grateful. :lol:

[i:8fa5cec42a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8fa5cec42a]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have just recently been diagnosed with EAA and I am coughing throughout the day. I do get tired easily and have not got the energy to exercise like I could before. I worry about prognosis. what is yours due to if you don't mind me asking?

[i:14f8466319]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:14f8466319]

• Posted

hi

ive had alveolitis for 1 year and now i have angina and im only 43 i wish i had someone to talk to as im in denial and dont know which way to turn, im so stressed out i cant sand it, if anyone can relate to this please reply

thanks x

• Posted

Hi Porsha

I do not have alveolitis but am a moderator on this site. It occured to me that you did not state your exact diagnosis. This experience is under 'extrinsic allergic alveolitis'. There are not many post here, but in the topic 'fibrosing alveolitis' there are many posts. I just wondered if which type of alveolits you had, and you may find some useful comments in the 'fibrosing alveolitis' section.

• Posted

hi tim they dont know and im waiting for an open lung biopsy which im told will be soon, they have said i have some scaring but are not sure if its from my alveolitis or not, guess i will know soon enough,thanks for the reply
  • Posted

Hi Porsha,

I have only just been made aware of this site hence time taken in reply.

I was diagnosed with EAA two years ago and it does seem to be under control now, but I do know how you feel and it gets you down.

Have you heard of the Expert Patient Programme? It is a self management group run by the NHS. It could help there is a web site or contact your local PCT for details.

Puskin

• Posted

Hi, I described my battle with (probably pigeon related) EAA in another thread. After a horrendous 3 year battle, I do think I am improving. My advice to anyone suffering from the condition is, A) try to get away from the probable cause (I eventually moved house). B) Take as much exercise and fresh air as you possibly can.

I have been walking in the countryside throughout and this has been incredibly beneficial. At first I could walk no more than 50 metres without collapsing, now I can walk 10 or 15 miles although I still find inclines difficult. The exercise also has a positive mental benefit, because the condition can be very depressing and the medication can make that worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.