Facial

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been struggling with WG for a while. It is mostly in my face. I have the saddle nose already and now I am having problems with my mouth. The teeth and jaw ate not getting enough blood supply and I had to have my teeth removed. Does anyone have this same problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bless you. I don't have the saddle nose, but I'm very aware that I can get it. My parternal grandmother had a saddle nose. I was always told that she had a sore on her nose and they had to cut it out. I've always wonde if it was Wegener's, but she lived to be 89 years of age. I was diagnosed in June, 2009, but I had the symptons all of my life. I have lost all of my teeth. I worked for years trying to save them, but about 3 years ago, they all broke off it the roots, so i had to have them removed. I have crusting in my nose, especially in the right side. My face has deformed to the right by about 1/2 inch. So my upper sinuses don't drain well. I've lost my hearing in mine right ear and my sight in my right eye. I have had a collapsed lung, that is the way I was diagnosed. Have faith and I hope you get better.

• Posted

Sarah, I have had problems for a while now.. I am controlled with medication. It's not easy. I am sure you know that. I started with a staff infection from the hospital and it was so close to my brain and I. My ENT doctor actually said he wasn't sure I would make it out of surgery. After that I ended up with the saddle nose.that was the first sign. All the Doctors I went to kept saying it was a sinus infection. I finally went to E.N.T doctor. He stated he was super it was wegners. But actually couldn't put the label on it. He said you have to have more systems Because there was no test to prove it. I then ended up with my gums not getting enough oxygen and my gums died and went over top of my teeth. Then they became loose and I had to have them all removed and had Bone grafting to pack the whole in my sinuses.. the worst part is that I was a dental hygienist for 20 yrs..that made it worse.... This is part of my WG experience..Coe

• Posted

you should immediately go into treament. This is not good. This disease is not to be fooled around with.
    • Posted

I'm am in treatment now with a ENT doctor. He has me on Bactrim 500mg for 30 days. I'm feeling a little better but I have been very sick. I was using too much over-the-counter nose spray because I was so congested in my sinuses and it was affecting my memory,  I have found out that the deformation is probably caused by Short Limb Syndrome. MY right arm is about 5/8 inches shorter than my left. Even my head leans to the right. I have had this all of my life and never until I came down with Wegerner's.

I've been so sick that I haven't got on the internet for a while. Thank you for concern.

• Posted

Things should improve over time. Eat and drink carbs and exercise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.