Feeling unwell

Posted , 4 users are following.

looking for some advice after several visits to the GP I was told the lumps on my legs were erythema noduis that was January finally had ct scan which shows lumps now waiting for biopsy to cnfirm  sarcadosis 

i have been unwell with various systems since jan when I told the consultant how unwell I felt he responded and said sarcadosis does not I repeat does not make you feel unwell! This dosent compute to the things I have read any advice appreciated 

regards ellie 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well its clear your Consultant has never had Sarcoid or any experience of it. So how does he explain your symptoms of being unwell? What are they down to? Some people are medicated for Sarcoid and some people arent. Some people have it and never know and then there are those of us who certainly know we have got it through many symptoms. I dont wish to scare you and this is extremely rare, but worst case scenario for Sarcoid is death. So people who die from it, and I mean this with the greatest respect, never feel ill from Sarcoid, they just die. Goodness a full 7 years at med school to be so ridiculous. What a waste of an education. Ask your Doctor of his expeience of Sarcoidosis patients. What is your feeling of unwellness down to?

All the best 

Nicola

• Posted

I have been unwell for 2 years. I agree with nic. Pain swelling. Your consultant sounds as good as mine. My gp was more helpful.
  • Posted

Just reading this again. If Sarcoid doesnt make you feel unwell, then why are medications prescribed? Ive just typed into the search engine 'Does Sarcoidosis make you feel unwell?' there are a number or organisations and sites that will give you evidence that it does make you feel unwell if you want facts and data to show your Doctor. Try it. I cant copy them as its against the site rules, but take a look yourself. If Sarcoid doesnt make you feel unwell then why has he suggested it? How do they detect Sarcoid if you dont show symptoms? 

Hope that helps a bit

• Posted

Hi Ellie

With Sarcoid if you have it, you definiately feel unwell.

Typical items include

Fatigue...unable to do all that you use to do.

Chest pains...short of breath...shallow breathing

Joint pain...in my case especially knees.

Enlarged organs...which may or may not be fully functioning.

Yes these and other side effects of Sarcoid will make you feel unwell.

I am sure others will add to my list? 

Regards

Tangles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.