Fentanyl Patches

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor has prescribed Fentanyl Patches for pain but no matter how I try I cannot get the darn thing to open? Maybe this is a warning as I've looked these up and they seem to be dangerous, especially for the elderly - so decided to go back to Tramadol. Anyone else had problems with F Patches?

Regards

J

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

J I have used Fentanyl a lot and once you are familiar with the package there is no problem . I don't know what part is giving you trouble but I open the package with scissors at one end of the plastic pack , bend the patch so that the ends of the backing show up and then remove the two backing covers and apply at a place where you have most suitable muscle

I am seventy + and the pain relief far outweighs any side effects. Dependency is the main problem but I suppose it depends on the level of pain .

Best of luck

John

• Posted

Hi John, thanks for your help. I was reading on the internet that these are dangerous and not good for the elderly (like moi) and I have decided not to use them - think maybe the trouble I have opening them was a warning?

Regards

J

• Posted

I never heard of Fentanyl patch's. Fentanyl is an illegal street drug used mostly for anesthesia during operations .

It's highly outlawed on the streets. Lots of people die from using it. If you have the mind set you don't care because the pain is worse than anyone thinks or admits I can understand you. Opioids have been used since the beginning of time for pain relief and now it's considered taboo. "Go Figure"

I've had tramadol, gabapentin, and others for pain and they never helped until I got a percoset proscribed with gabapentin. Thing is now my pain they originally treated me for, became a contradiction along the way. And they won't keep prescribing it for my pain. (which infuriated me)They even think I'll believe that gabapentin is a narcotic which it may be combined with percoset but that alone doesn't relieve pain but they insist it should help because they said it will. I wish you luck with finding pain relief from your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.