Fever in mild cases of COVID-19

Posted , 5 users are following.

If you test positive for COVID-19 that is confirmed by symptoms including a fever of 100.4 Fahrenheit (aka 38 Celsius).

Does that fever stay elevated through the course of COVID-19? If it falls back to normal range, is that a good sign?

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

it’s always a good sign when a temperature is in the normal range. A fever basically means that your body is fighting off something whether it’s a virus or a bacteria or something else. Sometimes a fever is actually a good thing believe it or not. But a temperature of 100.4 would be a low grade fever.everybody’s different some people with Covid will have a fever for a few days, some for a few weeks and some longer. The important thing is we have to take care of ourselves and others by staying away from other people, eating healthy foods, staying hydrated and getting some rest.

• Posted

jan34534. Happy Holidays. Your response is ME! I have been scouring the internet and freaking out. I have not been tested yet as the doctor thought (I had an appointment last Tuesday) I had a sinus infection.

I started not feeling all that great the day after Thanksgiving. I don't have any "typical" COVID symptoms (but the way it sounds is the symptoms are VASTLY different from person to person) accept:

**Low grade fever which rears it's head DAILY in the after noon for the past 17 days. Is fine in the morning and goes back down in the evening.

**When the fever spikes my eyes burn and my face feels hot. (It's never gone over 99 and people say "you don't have a fever but my normal body temperature is in the mid 97's so when it get's in the 98's, I feel it)

**Nasal cavity is either super clogged or runs like a faucet with episodes of sneezing

**Mild central forehead headaches from time to time

He put me on antiboitics and it's now day 6 and not budging my symptoms. Fever still spikes daily, eyes still burn daily and just feel like crap!

Is this prolonged low grade fever a THING with COVID. I have a call into him to order a test but I am worried sick it could be something else like cancer! All my labs came back perfect accept my Vitamin B12 was elevated a little so I backed off on the suppliments. Outside of that and elevated cholesterol which I have always had my labs were perfect.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

I had fever up to 100.4 for 4 days (days 2-5). Now I'm on day 10 without fever or cough, but have high inflammation values.

My interpretation is that body had the maximum response in days 7-8 (when I felt weak) and when I tested on day 9, everything came back elevated. Hope that it will normalize soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.