Gabapentin

Posted , 5 users are following.

My GP prescribed me Gabapentin last Wednesday (for pain) I was to take one at night for 2 days then one 3 x daily. By Friday my brain felt fried. Tuesday came I decided I didn't like them at all....the awful head wasn't worth it. It says on pack do not stop taking without consulting with Doctor. I googled them and saw that you need to wean down. I considered this and because I started them with one at night for 2 days I assumed it would be ok to end them similarly. So Wed and Thurs was one at night. Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday one 3 x daily.. Tuesday and Wednesday one at night. My brain at this moment feels like I have an ocean running thru it to a rave. Am I ok not to take anymore now. Thanks in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How many days you been taking them?

I was put on Pregabalin last year. I only took them for 3 months as hated them.

But, stupidly I came off them cold turkey! Had a week of horribleness! Glad I off them.

• Posted

Get back to your GP asap. What are you waiting for and spending time here instead of seeing the one person who will help you?
  • Posted

I'm glad you weaned off of them because although you were only on them a short time it was a wise thing to do. But I'm going to have to scold you for not contacting your doctor first. So shame on you!

Unfortunately Gabapentin does have a lot of side effects that can affect people. Some people experience wild, horrible and miserable side effects. When taking them long term and then weaning off of them some people will suffer a great deal more to wean off of them. While other people have no problem with them they control their pain enough to be able to even get off of their pain medicine. It just depends on the person and their body and how it responds to the medication. I'm sure in time your body will recover and be back to normal. It shouldn't take long since you were not on the Gabapentin for very long.

• Posted

Sue hi I'm new to the site just joined, see when you were prescribed garage tin , did you have sciatica , as that's what galas are most prescribed for , there a nerve pain killer, I don't know many ppl have had these tabs help them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.