GASTRIC SYMPTOMS COVID 19

Posted , 12 users are following.

Sorry if this is a daft question, but has anyone tested positive for covid 19 where digestive symptoms were main symptoms? I have been ill now for over a week with SEVERE abdominal p pain and severe diarrhea. Seems to be a 3 days cycle - start to get better then after day 3 am back to square one - feel as though I am trapped in a revolving door.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I feel the exact same way. I am on day 9. I have no other symptoms except abdominal pain and diarrhea. My symptoms initially started with me feeling bloated. I had a pain in the top center of my stomach, which I thought was gas. Diarrhea and nausea followed, but the nausea only lasted about 3 days. The pain in my stomach is all over the place. sometimes its at the top of my stomach and other times it in the lower part. Super similar to menstrual cramps. The intensity and timing of the pain is all over the place. Outside of the gatric symptoms, I am completely fine. No cough, sore throat, fever, body aches and my breathing is fine. I'm beyond ready to feel normal again. Just know you're not alone.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your comment. This is exactly how I am feeling. It is horrible. Take care and hope you feel better soon. Sending hugs

• Posted

hi Tasha-I could have just written your entry above. my symptoms are so very similar. How are you feeling now? How long did your symptoms last? Wondering if you developed any respiratory or other symptoms? feel better! God bless!

• Posted

i started to have awful Gi issues starting in april along with severe headache, fatigue, and dizziness. After a week i took a covid test that was negative but i continued to be sick for 2 months. My illness was up and down during the day and from day to day. for a few hours i felt better then the next hour i was worse than before. i never got tested again foe covid but im not sure what else would keep me sick for so long. i still am still dealing with diarrhea to this day and i cant get answers from doctors. there is not much research about covid with only GI symptoms. im glad to know other people feel the same!

• Posted

i was ill for nearly a week to start had headache, hot and achy which then developed into diarrhea which contiued for 5 days !! i did a covid test which was negative but as below felt a bit better for 3 days and now the diarrhea is back , am hungry but as soon as eat or drink straight through just want to feel better !

• Posted

Hope you are feeling better. I have had the same issue with diarrhea since the Wednesday after Labor Day. It is strange as I have the diarrhea all week and then it goes away on the weekends. It is very bizarre. I have never had any stomach issues until now. Everything I eat goes through me. Not sure when this will end. I am giving blood tomorrow and they will do the antibody test then.

• Posted

Hi can someone please help me I tested positive 10 days ago and have severe nausea for the last 5 days can you tell me how long this last as it is killing me it gets better then hits me like a train again

• Edited

This is interesting. I had explosive watery diarrhoea for a week recently with a couple of days elevated temperature on and off - 37.4 at most but I normally run on 36 or less. One morning I had a hint of aches - as if I was coming down with a cold but nothing else. I've been shielding since February due to my lung condition but I had been at the GP surgery to be fitted with an ECG monitor a few days before...

I didn't get tested as NHS online seemed to discount me as a possibility but now I'm wondering. I've seen reports that gastric problems might be the only symptom. If this is true then every 'tummy bug' has to be treated as possible covid. What a nightmare ..

If it was covid, hopefully I am home dry as I am several days clear of any symptoms.

• Posted

I'm suffering those symptoms at the moment. Have read nasopharyngeal swabs often don't pick up covid if symptoms are gastric related. Have you tested positive through the usual swab test?

• Posted

Well, I had a mild case of Covid in early November and diarrhea was the worst of it. Peptide Bismol helped. a single dose of regular strength PB stopped it and the upset stomach for a few hours but it kept returning for about 13 days. The second day I started taking Pepsid 20 mg twice a day and the upset stomach subsided after a couple of day but the diarrhea remained. A staff member from a doctor's office told me to eat Bland Foods so I did. Whether it was the Pepcid, , or the bland foo. or both I can't say but it workedm for the upset stomach and mild nausea. My cough. chills, and fever only lasted about 8 days.

No fever since the 16th of Nov. but the diarrhea lasted till the 20th iirc.

My doctor told me to wait until today for an antibody test which I just did a couple hours ago. I won't get results for up to 48 hours.

Pepsid is supposed to help with s,covid in regards to digestive symptoms so it may be worth a try.

My doctor told me to count my blessings. Digestive symptoms due to Covid are the least worrisome imo.

Hope this helps, and hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.