gerd not working on certain makes of omopreze

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all ive been having bad constant sore burning thoat more so when i talk to long.ive had a berium exray 5 mths ago and was told i got acid reflux and hyhitas heria plus ibs.been on 20 mg omoprezene for about 6 yrs but after moving the chemist gave me differant makes and dont know if this is the cause of sore and burning thoat yet dont see any soreness.would like some advise please.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley

I've been on 40mg of Omeprazole for a few years now for a few digestive problems, and every now and again my pharmacist will supply me with different makes / brands. I personally don't notice any difference when I take the different brands, but I do check the ingredients list and they are pretty much identical.

If I were you, check the ingredients list for each brands that you take, just to check they are similar, or if there is an ingredient that doesn't agree with you, which could well be the cause of your recent problems. If they are very similar / identical, then perhaps make an appointment with your doctor just to be on the safe side.

I hope that helps, sorry I can't be of any more help. All the best.

• Posted

thankyou it may not be the tablets it may just be that i need to take a higher dose as havig a berium xray nothing else was disclosed except what i ave mentioned.thankyou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.