Getting MRNA vaccine (Pfizer or moderna) after J and J

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have read that it is safe to receive an mRna vaccine at a later date after an adenovirus vaccine. I got the J and J vaccine a month or so ago and now vaccines of all types are widely available in my area. We have more vaccines than people that want them. Does anyone think there is any health or safety concern with me now getting a pfizer or moderna shot also to boost my immunity?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

it is not recommended to do that at this time. The Director of global health in New York says that at this time they’re simply too little known about mixing vaccines. There could also be a disadvantage. Further study is needed and it’s not ready for prime time.

• Posted

Taking more then one vaccine is like playing Russia roulette bad stuff could happen , they were never tested like that, so no one knows what adverse reaction can happen. I would advise against it at this time.

• Posted

public health england have issued guidance to gps on this. Astra Zeneca can be followed by Pfizer particularly if Clots and thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) have been identified. PHE green book chapter 14a gives good guidance on this. Oxford University is researching as we speak and have initially identified limited concerns when mixing. Not sure if anyone knows if protection is increased. These docs are available online- don't recommend speaking to GPS the seem.to be out of touch or not up to date

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.