Going crazy! CRAMPS, BACKACHE, NO PERIOD..HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi this is Jennifer, 49 and going through Peri...got my period when I was 9.  Horrible....every month it's something new..late, early, heavy, light, long, short.  So far I have had cramps, back and body aches in my joints.  Leg pain, head pain, irritable and keep peeing.  Three days late this time and no period coming.  I am cracking up...taking Motrin 800 and killing my stomach..does anyone have some advice...miserable

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jennifer85396

You are obviously leading up to menopause. As regards the urination frequency this is not usually a part of peri menopause. You may have a urine infection resulting in the back pain. Take a urine sample to your gp and have it tested. As for the other symptoms they are all part of peri but perhaps your doc could try you on a hormone replacement therapy to ease the symptoms.....best wishes....

• Posted

Hi Jennifer; I do understand how you are feeling..........yes, have been there too over my life of the years of fertility..........to answer your question/s, firstly I really think you need to see a Good gynaecologist.......this you will need by consulting with your GP (and maybe an older female maybe a little more understanding??...not that I say all males are not, as mine is a male).....and yes, have your urine and bloods checked before seeing Gynae, especially kidney function tests, and hormone levels done to see what stage you are at?  (have that urine sample taken ASAP) , then  try flushing out your system with an Alkalizer (eg Ural bought over the counter)..x 3 times for a few days, if you can't see GP immediately.....and if this a regular occurence, it doesn't hurt to take an alkalizer on a regular basis   (I do), for as we get older, urinary tract infections are quite common in older ladies as our Oestrogen levels drop.....also take care when wiping after using the toilet (the old adage of wiping from front to back....and not the other way around....which can pass bacteria from anus/bowel to Ureter)

​Have you tried taking an anti-inflammatory for the period-pain ( eg Ponstan, which is more preferable if what you are already taking is upsetting your stomach??).............

which is also available over the counter), and make use of hot-packs on tummy and back to ease the pain/cramps...........I use to also find that walking around seems to stave off the cramps, over resting, which, for some reason, causes the cramping to get worse??............I hope this is not too confusing, and helpful??...........am trying to add as much advice as possible into as short a space as can, but get back if not sure what I am saying (maybe my old mind is not too good at present???).......Bronwink

• Posted

Hi Jennifer;  I did try to send you "a thankyou" for making me feel better about myself  (knowing that I have been able to help is so rewarding).   How are you feeling now?...................Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.