Going on 4 years of chronic pain. I need help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve seen just about every kind of doctor in the last 4 years. I’m a 20 year old female who experiences constant joint pain and laxity, muscle aches, fatigue, digestive issues/nausea, as well as thyroid fluctuations and PSCOS. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Ehlers Danlos syndrome, but part of me feels like the correct diagnosis has not been made and I’m curious about whether or not anyone has had a similar experience. In addition, my joints get extremely red when I stand for a bit or when I take a shower. I cannot walk longer than about a quarter mile without excruciating foot pain and joint pain. All of my symptoms came about suddenly 4 years ago. The thyroid issues followed the initial body pains. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi avande2

Have you had an ESR blood test, CRP and ANA blood test for inflammation in the body also a blood test for rheumatoid factor.....you may have an autoimmune condition such as Polymyalgia Rheumatica muscle pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis joint pain redness and swelling...or Lupus joint pain..if you have not had these blood tests ask your doc to order them for you..you are entitled to a second opinion...best wishes...

• Posted

Hi, I have had those blood tests, I believe. I know he checked my ANA for lupus, but it seemed okay. I think my symptoms may be the side effects of the Gardasil vaccine I got in 2014. Just now working to piece it all together, since the timeline seems to add up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.