Golf Elbow Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

People, been suffering with bad 'golfers elbow pain for 3 months.

I don't play golf by the way!

It all started when I was lifting things in my job.

I have taken different pain killers. Tried ice packs. Gel to rub on the points of pain. Pain still bad.

Even having a wash it hurts!

I have to lift in my job. I need my job.

Anyone found a way to relieve the pain or even cure the problem? I did try not lifting for a month as I left my job but it was still there. I returned to work and it is very painful. I have not seen a doctor as I know it is golfers elbow and they would only tell me to rest and take pain killers!

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Have you tried going to your doctor, they can prescribe stronger pain killers, you may need a scan or xray, to determine no damage to the bone or muscle.Anti Imflamatories could be whats needed. Ive never had golfers elbow all you can do is give your doctor a chance. hope things get sorted .

carol

• Posted

Since its a job related injury you should have reported it to your employer and they would have sent you to a doctor.

So anyway golfers elbow is also known as tendinitis . You need to go see an ortho who can give you an injection in the elbow. It will likely do wonders for you. Also go out and buy a special band for tendinitis that goes on your arm and sits just below your elbow. Wear that as much as you can but particularly when you are lifting.

• Posted

Golfer’s Elbow is actually a tendon injury to the inner portion of the elbow. The tendons that attach to this section of the elbow flex the wrist, curl the fingers and turn the hand palm down. If any of these motions hurt, then you are partially confirming a diagnosis.

Golfing, just like other rotational sports, can put you at high risk for overuse conditions. Poor mechanics will accelerate the process. When the flexor tendons are damaged from overuse and scar tissue formation, they are more easily reinjured.

• Posted

Pain every day with this. Even getting up in the morning I have pain there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.