GROIN, THIGH AND LOW BACK PAIN

Posted , 3 users are following.

My pain started in the right groin where the leg hooks on to the abdomen.

Hurts when I walk and sit too long. At times the pain is a 10. Had an MRI of spine. I have 3 bulging discs. Had ultra sound of groin which was normal.

This has been going on for 2 months. I have seen ortho, neuro, chiro, acupuncture. Ortho thinks it is because of disc problem. I cannot take anti inflammatories because I am on blood thinners for AFib. I take Tramadol for pain. Anyone have any suggestions. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deirdre, I have lumbar spinal stenosis, the doctor put me on Gabapentin which helps. I have COPD for which I take a range of medications.  I have recently been seeing a chiropractor as I have referred pain from my back to my hip, the muscles seized up and I was in terrible pain but this has now been sorted as good as possible.  Good luck and take care, Lizzy
    • Posted

Dear Lizzy,

thanks for the input. I am currently on 700 mg of Gabapentin. My chiropractor thinks it might be my psoas muscle. I feels muscular because sometimes it feels like it is locking up. How much gabapentin are you 

taking? Again, thanks for the info.

• Posted

In my case groin pain was my hip Xray showed osteo arthritis by the end of the day I could hardly walk. Groin pain is usually hips the cushion on the ball joint has worn away and then it becomes bone rubbing on bone so by the end of the day I could no longer walk sir lay down severe pain. After hip replacement the groin pain has gone and I can walk with no pain. 

I also have have herniated discs L-4 L-5 very painful ,ask about injections to help and pt exercises., bunch of other back issues. Long story short it helps by Building up muscle tissue around the disc helps support the back bone as well as a elastic back brace. I treated with heat and swimming .I finally had surgery on the disc called  micro surgery-a tiny hole was scored  into the area around the discs then sealed the cracked areas of the disks to stop the disk from leaking material from the ruptured dick on the nerve. I was up and walk next day. 

It took me a while to find the right doctors and correct solution. 

• Posted

Thanks for the suggestions. My hip xrays were fine. I am looking into back brace and swimming. I think the groin pain may be nerve or muscle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.