Gurgling reflux on Lanzoprazole

Posted , 5 users are following.

anyone experience this gurgling reflux in the middle of the night. I am on lanzoprazole 20 mg and just discovered my B/P is raised so going to try to reduce the PPI Just a bit concerned the night vomiting will increase. Any advice welcomed

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

My 'solution' is not to eat, or drink, anything after about 6pm. I did that for a few months and for some reason I can eat later again now. I've been on Lansoprazole for years now. Tilting the head of the bed irritated my wife, but it helped me. Just two inches helped me a lot.

• Posted

tried both of these to no avail.Trying to identify cause but no rhyme nor reason for it. It is only occasionally but omg I think I am going to die when it happens as it sometimes goes into my trachea and the burning drives me nuts to get rid. Thanks for the suggestions though

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. I drank gallons of milk to stop my throat burning. I hope you find something to help you.

• Posted

I have myself .

There are several issues here though to try eliminate the reflux.

Firstly, do you have the head of your bed raised,

Do you stop eating after 6pm without filling up on drinks after 6, keeping the stomach as empty as possible.

What kind of foods do you consume! Read up on dairy and meat and effects on the body, milk is still pushed big time ....

How long have you been taking ppis and for what reason? Theyre ok for a very short time it appears but definitely not long term

• Posted

thanks but have tried all of the above without success. Even changed from one ppi to another . I have been on them for about four years now . Thanks anyway for replying. Much appreciated.

• Posted

I was on it for almost two years. I found that every time I had a nap , after eating, or drinking anything at all, it would come back into my throat. It stopped me eating and drinking anything 2-3 hours before I went to bed. It even happened when I was propped up. Three weeks ago I came off them , and I haven't had the problem since. I was on 30mg.

• Posted

Good for you, thats brilliant.

ppis do not stop reflux, they stop acid production and you do need acid for digestion.

• Posted

mine stopped instantly, the day I stopped them. I think they do do something to the gullet as well as reducing acid. I have been off them four weeks this Saturday, and I haven't had problems since except extra acid in my stomach.

• Posted

If youve been taking them for a continued long period of time,stopping them generally induces extreme acid and pain. when i stopped after around 12 years i felt crippled with the pain, all can say is that ive never been so healthy since i stopped.

lm now trying to correct the damage these vile drugs do.

Ensure you have bicarbonate of soda and gaviscon at the ready. apple cider vinegar had no effect on me.

• Posted

didnt know you could get it in 20mg ? as far as i know it comes in 15mg and 30 mg

• Posted

I take capsules - and sub divide a 30mg one over three or more days. Works for me, but didn't the first few times I attempted it.

My actual reflux is no longer acidic and is far less frequent.

• Posted

oops. Sorry, slip of the pen. It is 30mgs. I was on 20mgs Omeprazol before.

• Posted

Be careful when you come off them eventually. my doctor told me to just stop them after almost two years. my stomach went crazy. Three weeks later, I still have problems eating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.