Has anyone experienced a change in vision whilst taking omeprazole?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have been taking omeprazole for over six months in the last three weeks my vision has become blothcy and I am wondering if it is to do with omeprazole. Optician has said my eyes are healthly. If anyone has experienced problems with vision whilst on omeprazole does it return to normai once you stop taking the medication? Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had the same problem with my eyes, yes I use contacts but thought these were faulty so went to the opti to get my eyes check she said they where fine, however I did change my lenses for stronger ones, I have now found since stopping this drug they are to strong, so I have another appointment to have them checked over again and go back to the oringinal ones. Hope they get better soon mine took about 2 weeks to go back to normal.  

• Posted

I took this terrible medicine for just over 3 months and I DID have vision problems. I ceased taking this on 4 April and my eyes still are a bit cloudy/ light sesnitive.

All the other issues I had, heart palpitations, anxiety/ thinning hair, yellow discharge have all stopped.

I changed my doiet to cope with the stomach problem and so far so go.

• Posted

I would suggest you try something - using 1500 mg of fish oil plus a lutein pill with 20 mg. lutein to 1 mg xanthein.  This is what my ophthalmologist recommended.  Omega3 is needed for skin and that is what covers the eyeball - epithelial cells.  You may be depleting the nutrients the eye needs because Omeprazole is inflaming your GI tract a little.  So, try it.  It can't hurt.  
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your reply. Much appreciated! Will do and will let you know .
  • Posted

After taking omeprazole for a week my eyes became very sore and red. I stopped taking the drug and the eye condition improved. I speculate that there was a side effect of drying my eyes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.