Has anyone had a tonsillectomy with having MCAD?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Mast Cell Activation Disorder last year. I have been suffering for over 10 years with the frustrating symptoms. A huge part of my problems is my throat. Everyday I wake up with a sore throat and get tonisillitis every two months. I also have tonsil stones which I believe is causing most of the problems. My ENT doctor recommends that I have my tonsils removed, but i am really scared to do it because I have been to the ER three times this year with a swollen throat. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, did you get your tonsils removed?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello lorraine ...sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble. i have mast cell leukemia and mastocytosis. i had a total dental extraction this year which thankfully went pretty well except for some bleeding and low hgb following. my suggestion if you proceed with surgery is to read the article https://www.mastocytosis.ca/en/treatment/surgery-and-anesthesia . i provided this to the surgeon and anesthetist prior to my surgery so that they could anticipate any complications that might occur. even minor surgery can be a big deal .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.