Has Anyone Had Taste and Smell Loss Reoccur After COVID-19?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had COVID-19 almost two months ago and lost my taste and smell. It has not come back 100%, but it did get better. It seems like I've suddenly lost a lot of my taste again tonight, and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this (waxing and waning of taste and smell following recovery)? My concern is that I may have COVID-19 again and that this is a sign, but I know COVID-19 can do weird things. Has anyone experienced a reoccurrence of taste or smell loss after getting it back?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

No never got the loss of smell or taste my Covid started with an ear ache

• Posted

Hi,

Ive tested positive for Covid this monday, started with a runny nose.. then lost my taste and smell .. woke up last night with earache and ringing in my right ear! very odd

• Edited

Hi - I think I've had a similar thing. I had COVID-19 around 2 months ago too and my symptoms were headache, duller sense of smell and lethargy. I've been basically fine since, aside from occassional sinus/head pressue, but today I woke up and definitely felt like my sense of smell is duller again (kind of similar to when I had it - I can still smell but much milder). I even went and did a rapid test as I was worried I had caught it again, but it was negative, and I felt it was too soon to be able to catch it again! I'm presuming it's some weird sudden onset of long covidy thing? It's interesting you say yours has been waxing and waning too...... so odd!!

What ended up happening with your symptom? Did you get tested in the end?

• Posted

Hi. I don't have covid, but my friend have something like that. He haven't hear smell of coffee after 3 month, but after illness till this 3 month he had normal smell.

• Posted

never lost my taste or smell, my covid started out with ear aches them a major headache that lasted 3 weeks , then pneumonia was put in hospital for 4 days while they pumped me full of antivirals and antibiotics , then it took me another month and a half before I was breathing right again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.