Help! Omprazole side effects!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have silent reflux, been taking Omprazole 20mg for 8 yrs or so off and on. I have found it is causing bloating, incomplete bowel movements. im suffering from pins & neddles in my hands & night & im wondering if Omprazole is causing this, due to not absorbing vitamin B as well.

i would appreciate advice? What could i take instead?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have to take ppis and it lowers my vitamin levels so I take the spray form of vitamins I was deficient in. I also get IBS symptoms on them and I find deflatine and alverine really help. Deflatine you can buy from a chemist but you have to get alverine on prescription. Get your vitamin levels tested, I was low in d and b12. Being low in b12 can affect your stomach a lot, even in the lower end of normal levels of UK guidelines, can be too low if you compare them to Japan guidelines. Japan has a very good health service much better than the UK.

• Posted

Two of my lady neighbours went on strict diets and helped their digestive problems over a few months and have been PPI free for a few years now.

• Posted

I would recommend two things initially:

1. Take a high quality enzyme with each main meal, I use irwin Anti- Gas enzymes.
    2. If you mainly have a minor reflux issue, you likely have a weak esophageal sphincter. It is important to strengthen it.

You can try my carbonated water treatment. Using fresh plain or flavored carbonated water.

4 times a day drink 10oz of CW. Hold down the burp for 5 minutes. Then slowly release it.

Each week add 5 minutes to each session. After 4 weeks you will be up to 20 minute sessions. This will strengthen the lower esophageal sphincter.

I avoid drugs when I can.

• Posted

Hello! Has anyone ever experience numbness , twitching, and a tightness in their stomach. I took Omeprazole for 7 weeks in March of 2019 and I'm still suffering from side effects. I also forgot to mention the skin on my stomach is hypersensitive, but not in a painful way. The tightness I feel is my stomach muscles. I am terrified that it's something serious.

• Posted

Hi Helen did you get tested for B12? i am having similar symptoms with lansoprazole would love to hear how you got on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.