HELP!!! Pantoprazole, Esomeprazole & Lansoprazole after effects?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi back in Feb I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia & severe acid reflux, after months of worry & stress this was the outcome! To begin I just coughed for a few months, then got the obstruction feeling in my throat then began bringing up blood! I lost over 2 stone in a matter of weeks, after my diagnosis I was put on Pantoprazole first, but as soon as the next day I started get pains & aches else were in my body that I never had, they changed it to Esomeprazole this was just as bad, could only do 5 weeks on it, I took myself off them as kept saying to the doctor there something else happening, they done all bloods & everything back clear! I was still having both with my throat so went back to Docs & she then put me on Lansoprazole, but I decided I'd only take it whenever I felt I would really need it! Anyways I felt awful, my body is wrecked with pains & aches I never had to begin with! I havn't taken any of them in a few weeks but, I'm having such uncomfortable pain in my lower back, bottom of spine & into my hips, I'm totally freaking out now! Would these meds have caused this & will this last? This stuff seems to be pure poison? Has this happened anyone else or is this just me, I thought all the side effects would have left long ago!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi, im on lansoprozole for the past few years, and although they do help with acid reflux one of the side effects is sore joints and muscle pain in the joints. im slowly weaning off them the past few days and see how i go. best of luck.

• Posted

you may have a vitamin deficiency, ppis can stop you absorbing vitamin b12 and d which can lead to other health problems. Have you had your vitamin levels checked? The fact you lost a lot of weight very quickly could mean you were already losing vitamins and minerals.

• Posted

Hi! I was wondering how long it took for your side effects, specifically the joint and muscle pain, to go away after stopping the lansoprazole?

• Posted

I am in the same boat, was diagnosed with Hplori after 14 days antibiotics and ppi pantoprazole 40mg, now reduced to 20mg but am feeling so much worse, pains everywhere started lower back a few days ago. had scan and hiatus hernia was found. now waiting on endoscopy.

Was exercising everyday for 1-2 hrs now nothing pain with pain side and back . This is driving me crazy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.