HELP PLEASE i think I have took a very bad reaction to IBUPROFEN

Posted , 4 users are following.

Took only one ibruprofen for toothache then the next day (yesterday) I did not stop being violently sick and have extreme pain in my stomach. Now today I have not been sick yet however I still feel really nauseous and the pain has not went away, mostly on my right side. Has anyone else experience this? How long does it last for? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yeah - its given you bad side effects.

Don't the it in the future. Or if you are going to take it - take it with an antacid.

• Posted

Anti inflammatorys can play havoc with the stomach. I have just had a nasty side affect of naproxen a few weeks ago that irritated my stomach lining. What I suggest is that you be kind to your stomach for a little while. No alcohol, caffeine, acidic foods, spicy foods etc. Try to have easily digestible food like oats, chicken broths, plain chicken or fish with soft veggies and potatoes. Don’t drink to much dairy or eat to much dairy as this can inflame the stomach more. If the stomach pain is still bad pop to your local pharmacy and explain to the pharmacist your symptoms, they may be able to advise you on what to take to help with it. But whatever you do, don’t take anymore ibruprophen as this will only irritate it more ( I made that mistake ) the pain was severe. 

Might be worth getting a doctors appointment next week too so you can inform your doctor what has happened. 

Please try not to worry, your tummy will get better in a week or two. As long as you be kind to it. 

• Posted

Have you tried taking some antacids gaviscon is very good, would suggest going to the doctors to get some omeprazole. Hope the pain eases soon. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply I have taken pepto bismo however 30 mins later I threw it back up 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.