HELP stopped PPI

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 6 weeks I've been living a nightmare that started with heartburn. Quickly the heartburn went away and I couldn't stop belching all times of day, especially when drank water or changed positions. I started having sporadic chest pains as well and I've been put on 3 different PPIs in this time. A few days ago I decided to stop taking Nexium 40mg as it was not helping the constant burping or chest pain. The Dr prescribed an antibiotic to try in the meantime but the past few days I've had excess saliva in my mouth (water brash) and wondering if this is a side effect of stopping and will eventually go away as I've never had this before.

I've had a EGD done with diagnosed with with a medium hiatal hernia, inflammation, and intermittent GERD

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did he do any tests for an infection before prescribing the antibiotic? If not it was very rash of him. Which antibiotic was it ?

• Posted

erythromicin to help with motility so food doesnt stay in esphogus too long

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.