Help to get off of omprazole

Posted , 2 users are following.

Good Evening, I have been on onperazole for about 6/7 years and now i have come to realise that i need to get myself off if them. I recently found out in March that i had had iron deficient and so i need some advice on how i can acheive this if any one has got and advice.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was given iron pills in the form of Ferosul. I too need to get off oemperazole. Have been on 20 mgs for over three years because of an ulcer bleed twice, a year apart. The first bleed was after being given blood thinner during knee replacement. The second time trying to go off oemperazole. You cannot just stop taking that med. Good luck.

• Posted

I can only report what another person said to get off them. He took out a portion of the capsule and put it into another, gradually taking less and less. I have been afraid to as I fear my ulcer is still there. My GP recommended taking Ranitidine just about the time they were taken off the market because of them causing cancer. If you don't have an ulcer you might be able to get off them by gradually lessening the dose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.