Hi im new to this site and just been diagnosed would love to hear everyones experience plse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just been diagnosed with iih and still in shock to be fair would really appreciate some support off here off other group members please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago, trust me the shock wears off! Have you been started on any medication at all? It's a scary diagnosis isn't it? Bit unsure as to what lies ahead! Have you had an LP at all? Xx

• Posted

Hi Sarah sorry to hear that, our 15 year old daughter got diagnosed 3 moths ago, she has had constant headaches for three months pain scale from 6 - 9 . Doctors have her on diamox to try and remove some fluid.Do you know of what pain relief works
    • Posted

Hi craig

Your daughter is only young to be dealing with this condition😩

I saw the neurologist whilst in hospital and he told me weight loss and diamox which im on now and surprisingly enough he said I should stop all painkillers as I was on codeine paracetamol and oramorph I was obviously very sceptical about this but he assures me that after 6 days the pain will ease!

Well to my surprise Im actually feeling much better and the pounding in my ear is becoming less prominant

Is your daughter seeing a neurologist?

Hope this helps you all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.