High spinal pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my daughter has had constant head pain for over a month now. MRI scan is clear. Did a lumber puncture and pressure was 36 normal range should be 10 -20.doctors don't know what it is she doesn't have the classic symptoms no blurred vision dizziness or feeling sick. She says the pain is a 6 out of 10 constantly and rises to a 8.been taking condine during the day and tramadol at night. Can anyone help with this? Got any ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Same thing for 12 yo daughter. Except she has had major behavioral issues and has been diagnosed with bipolar and asperger's. You'd think the doctors would maybe look into encephalitis.

Today we went to the optometrist where she had high intraocular pressure in one eye. Going to see a new neuro on Friday. Sure hope he will look into this further. My daughter has lost most of her life to this.

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hi,I hope you have found  an answer for your daughters issue.   I was recently diagnosed with Idiopatic Intracranial Hypertenision and elevated spinal  pressures and constant headaches are some of the hallmark signs. I required an MRI and and exam of my optical nerve by an neurological opthamalogist as well as an LP. Many physicians are not well versed in it because it is pretty rare. It could very well be something else, but a few simple test could rule it out.  I wish you the best  of luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for your support. Still constant head pain eye exams are all clear which is great.currently on diamond to try and reduce some fluid.we have found some info that says vitamin a can contribute to this condition. It usually effects females and can disappear as it started.could also be a hormonal issue.
    • Posted

Glad to hear the eye exam was clear. There is a lot of info online with regards to activity and diet that may help with her symptoms. Google increase ICP and activity, increased ICP and diet. Run this info by your doc. My neurologist told me not to bend over at the waist, not to lift more than 10 lbs,and many other restrictions that increase pressures. Plus a low sodium diet. These have helped me. I have also read the information on Vitamin A.It does not seem to bother me. I too am on Diamox but ultimately had to have a VP shunt placed to lower my pressures sufficienlty. I have been reading everything I can find. There are a few theories, hormones, weight, genetics. Please be wary of infomation that is of opinion rather than medical basis. I have read much that could be harmful.Again best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.