Hip pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 40 yr. old female with pain in my right hip, buttock, and groin. The worst of which is the groin. Caused mainly by twisting. Like changing direction while walking, or even rolling over in bed sometimes. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Go to an orthopedic you might need a hip replacement. Caused by wear and tear of the hip joint. Mine started at age 24. I'm 48 now and got a total hip replacement 10 months ago. I still have groin pain which we can't figure out the cause yet. I was diagnosed with hip dysplasia at age 23 had a surgery called a Ganz osteotomy back then cause I was to young for a total hip replacement. My case was complicated from the get go. But you should be fine if you have to get one. Your recovery time should be around a month. But depending on how you feel and your pain level you might want to try a hip injection 1st some people get relief from it. Cause 40 is still young for a hip replacement. Good luck.

• Posted

Well after reading the other comment I'm afraid I would have to disagree with that comment. Simply because I think that's kind of jumping the gun. To just start having pain in your hip groin area does not automatically mean you will have to have a hip replacement. It could simply mean that things are out of alignment and need to be adjusted. Personally I'm not all that sure that a chiropractor is a solution but I always like to give them a try and in your case you might want to also give them a chance to realign you. So you might go see one a few times and see if that doesn't relieve your pain. If not then you would certainly want to see your GP. It is most likely that your GP will do a MRI or x-ray of the area to see if there's any kind of fractures or anything evident that could show why you're having this pain.

• Posted

That's why I said go to an orthopedic. Hip pain usually starts in the groin. Of course it can be a lot of things like a groin pull arthritis, or even wear and tear of the joint which would acquire a hip replacement! An orthopedic won't just say ok you need a hip replacement without trying other methods such as pain management and physical therapy especially at her age 40. I was just telling her the worst case senerio if she did need a hip replacement that it would be a fast recovery. If she doesn't have any prior problems like I did with my hip dysplasia.

• Posted

Please dont reccomend a chiropractor to anyone befor they have had a consult with an ortho. Chiropractors can leave you in a much more difficult situation. Steroid and or other antiinflamatory injections do indeed help a majoritu of people.
    • Posted

You know I have to agree with you and I didn't think about it till after I had made the post. It is a better idea to go see a MD before seeing a chiropractor. Although I don't believe it has to be an ortho Dr, a Neurosurgeon would also do a good job as well. But usually you have to see your GP first to get a referral for either one.

• Posted

I guess I believe in the theory of not giving the worst case scenario so as not to frighten people.
  • Posted

Hi Angie, well sweetie I feel your pain and i can only share my experience. Have you looked in a mirror and have someone stand behind/beside u to see if you are standing upright? This was/is what im dealing with now. After many trips to the orthopaedic doc to have epidural shots in my spine supposedly to stop pain. After almost 2 years of shots i was referred to a surgeon.He found a bone spur that was jabbing my nerves that surrounded my spinal cord. So I had surgery, a big surgery i had spur removed and also needed a refab disc and a bridge built to hold my spine sturdy. Well i do feel better except my right thigh and sometimes my right hip hurts. I dont have BAD pain across my groin just a little. I have osteoarthritis and chronic pain and fatigue, i have spinal stenosis and facet arthropy, degenerative disc disease. Yep I do have pain everyday but if you have not seen an orthopedic doc i would right away. Also i am seeing my gyno soon just to make sure that i dont have pain due to something else. I feel you i will pray for you and write back if u would like to talk more. Lorie. AKA. Lillorie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.