hip problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently i have had a lot of pain in my hips both lieing down and walking  starting to compensate now with limping

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I would imagine you would start to limp.......have you ben to see your GP?

If so what did he say and di he refer you to a hospital?

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain, Hotpicks.. Can you tell us a bit more about yourself, please? Your age is important since some hip problems may be age-related. Can you say where the pain source is located? Is it radiating to your hips from another point? None of us (or very few) is a physician, but we have a lot of experience and may be able to at least point you in a direction. As Eileen asked, have you been to your GP? That would be my first step. 
  • Posted

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? It could be different problems depending on how old you are. And if not already you should see a doctor.
    • Posted

Im in my fifties and i have been to see doc thinks its oesteoarthritis had to have xrays done and im on very strong painkillers now
    • Posted

Hi

So you've had the X Ray done and they confirmed arthritis?

How are the pain killers working? Personally I dont think there's any such thing   They are pain dullers....not pain killers  cheesygrin but that is a help.

Do you think a stick would help if you are limping?

Is it possible to see a physiotherapist and find out about that?

Sorry for all the questions

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Physiodidnt help and i dont want to use a stick yet as im working love to keep going as long as poss its ok with questions
    • Posted

Hi

Well obviously its your decision but |I remember being told that using a stick or any other walking aid wasnt giving in.......it was a "coping mechanism"   it let you do things that you possibly couldnt do otherwisewink

You could use a folding stick.....keep it in your bag and use it if you were bad but if you start to limp that may be permanent and there wont be anything you can do about it??? Just a thought

Love

Eileen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.