Hope this helps us all

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone with sarc, I read the posts and am often awed by how people cope, day after day, week after week. So many of us out there have constant problems that are a dam nuisance, while some are so so poorly. Just wanted to share this as it may help others people. So many people are impatient, rude, pushy, get in a rage with others when they dont know what the other person may be experiencing. If anyone looks at me, well I look normal, they dont know what an effort it is to make my joints move sometimes, how there is always pain somewhere, and I have never been hospitalized with Sarc. They dont know how difficult breathing as, even my family don't notice so strangers wont either. So many people out there have constant problems but somehow get on with life, I take my hat of to all you who have suffered and are still suffering, I try to be patient when someone is difficult  'cos I just don't know what they are going through. I think you are all wonderful and I hope the new year brings comfort and happiness to everyone who is ill, no matter what type of illness. I am so grateful for so many things, but sometimes its hard to remember that. Peace and love to you all.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ahhh such a wonderful posting. Lovely. ;-)

• Posted

Beautifully put. Peace and love to you too.
  • Posted

Earhtia

So well put, thanks on behalf of all of us.

Peace and love to you in 2015.

• Posted

Hi Earthia, thanks for your lovely words and encouragement.

There's nothing more demoralising than the 'you look well' comment, well intentioned or not, when you're feeling like crap but can't be bothered to challenge it. I sometimes wear a t-shirt (underneath, just for my own benefit) that says 'sarcoidosis - look great, feel like xxxx', or 'sarcoidosis sucks'. I especially like to wear one when I'm having MRI scans just to remind the radiographers that lying motionless on a hard shelf for an hour is pretty difficult. Getting up afterwards is even harder! Respect and admiration for all the Sarcstars out there smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.