Horrific pain after LP

Posted , 3 users are following.

good evening . so i had my 4th lumbar pucture on wednesday its now saturday i cant move the pain in my head is horrific tonight im debating a&e . Has anyone ever felt this before? previous times ive felt relief from lumbar puctures. i can hardly walk. ive read on google it can be normal to have a headache but my god this is killing me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

After my LP I had a spinal headache and couldn't stand up for 7 days (Monday to having some relief Sunday). I was concerned as well at first because they said if I ended up getting a spinal headache it should only last 3-4 days. When I finally ended up calling my Neurologist he said it would start to subside in a few days. So, it wouldn't hurt to call first and see what they have to say...but, unfortunately, you may just have to wait it out... 😕

• Posted

If I tried to stand up at all, even sitting up...so, basically, having my head vertical in any way, I would get a stabbing pain through my eyes that would shoot up and over my head and into the base of my skull. I would also feel immediately nauseous. Having to go to the bathroom was a nightmare cause I would have to get up. I could get some relief if I walked bent over at a 90° angle so my head wasn't up right at all...but I couldn't even stand long enough to get a proper shower that entire week. I tried, my fiancé kept his arm in the shower for me to lay my head on, but it was just too much. I cried through the entire shower and hardly cleaned anything, didn't even really dry off, just went straight back into bed... I was in so much pain. My parents and my finacé had to keep coming over to feed me. It was terrible...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.