How did your symptoms start?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey guys!

Im a nursery teacher and am currently waiting on the results of a covid test to see if i have it.

My symptoms started with a terrible sore throat then progressing to tiredness and a ridiculous amount of sneezing and nasal congestion.

I have suffered mild body aches and nausea with has led to me not really wanting to eat much.

Just as of today (day 3) I have noticed a change in my sense of smell however i can still taste fine.

Could easily be a cold as i have suffered no cough and my temperature at its highest was only 37.4 which is very low grade.

Just wondered if this is what other people experienced with mild covid or if its more likely a cold as the wait to find out is driving me insane!

Thanks all.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

you won’t really know yet until your results are back but it could be a cold or Covid. They can have very similar symptoms . so the coronavirus has been around a very long time it’s just that this one has mutated itself. The common cold is actually a coronavirus. The mutated one is COVID-19 which is way more contagious and has additional symptoms.

I thought for sure I had coronavirus with a horrible headache, sneezing, completely exhausted, mild weak feeling, but no cough or fever. I know people with those symptoms who tested positive even without a cough or fever. I tested negative twice.

SO for now just take care of yourself and stay hydrated! You will most likely have a mild case if you are young. Feel better.

• Posted

Hi,

I hope your test comes or came back negative. I got a positive test last Wed. My symptoms started similar to yours. I woke up with minor sour throat the first day, then got better through out the next. The next day it was the same, but an night to wake up the 3rd day i started cold sweating in my sleep. The 3rd day sore throat still minor but develop a minor dry cough but my night sweat kept getting worse. The 4th day minor cough no sore throat but night sweats kept getting worse. 5th day in a light switch lost my sense of smell and taste followed. At this time i got my test back. from here i have no sense of smell, congestion comes and goes, no cough, no fever, but i develope what looks like pink eye which i have never had before, major anxiety, and night sweat getting better. Wish you luck!!!

• Posted

headache watery eyes. runny nose. sneezing. dodgy tummy. abdo pains. then fever and joint pain. then fatigue. after a week a cough. then red marks on body .... unexpected fatigue

you feeling better now?

• Posted

My first symptoms were headache and cough followed by a fever the next morning.

• Posted

hi Holly, mine started off with a really bad headache to the point where even 2 paracetamols werent working. Then i got a cold and lots of sneezing but assumed it was just a regular cold & then it wasn't till the next day when i started loosing my taste and smell. Followed by chest pains and tightness in the chest so immediately went for a covid test.

wish you all the best

• Posted

I never had any symptoms. I had a test for a procedure three days late (canceled until the end of the month).

Just finished my isolation last week, and tested negative the day isolation ended, to return to work. None of my clients tested positive during my isolation. Nor anyone one I had contact with, 20 days prior to my positive test.

So for me, not even the sniffles or a temp over 97.6. Normal sleep, no tiredness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.