How long after COVID til I can be re-infected?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I tested positive on 5th July, second time I've had COVID, last was November 2020. I'm triple jabbed but have still been very ill this time from COVID.

With the way the cases are here in England, I can only assume that I have contracted the BA.4 or BA.5 Omicron variant.

I was just wondering, with these new variants evading immunity from previous infections, does anyone know how long it could be until I could be re-infected? I'm supposed to be taking a flight this Sunday and I'm still very skeptical especially after I've been so unwell.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.