How Long To Quarantine?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Okay so a bit about my family.

My husband works at IT, he got his first dose of the vaccine, as did I, and we are waiting for our 2nd. (I am a stay at home mother.) We have a 4 year old daughter and an almost 1 year old who has an SVT since 2 months old.

We have been practically in a bubble. My husband works (masks required) and we do get groceries once a month (usually we do grocery pick up but we are on WIC so we do stop once a month to get WIC items.) The only people we have seen since this all began are my parents, who take it VERY serious, and my SIL, who also does.

My parents have been fully vaccinated (yay) now, but now that they have been, my sisters family will be visiting them every now and then. My sister's family does not take it serious at all, refuses to vaccinate or wear masks or social distance.

We know that there IS a possibility of spreading it even after being fully vaccinated, so we aren't sure how long we should stay away from my parents when they visit my sisters family.

I talked to her pediatrician and she had said it was "up to us" on how we felt.. either wait 2 weeks, or wait a week and see if they have symptoms.

The WIC clinic told me that it was "very rare for someone vaccinated to pass it on" and that we "probably didn't have to worry".

But others have told me not to risk it and do a full 2 week of distancing from them.

So I'm confused now. It'll be a week, Saturday, since my parents have seen my sisters family. They have some health problems unrelated to covid (they both had had covid tests before this as they have had to go to the hospitals a few times for testing to see what's going on) but they have no covid symptoms.

Should we still quarantine another week with no contact, should we see them but have them wear masks (they have said they would if we wanted them to), or is it safe enough, since they are fully vaccinated and have been very careful for a week with no symptoms, to see them?

I know covid isn't as likely to be dangerous for children, but since our daughter had a heart condition (which we can thankfully say she has not had an episode since October now! but back in June-July it spiked her heart rate due to a simple fever she got) we have been scared to let anyone near the household.

My parents are our only outlet, so we're hoping we will be able to see them sooner, but I will do whatever is safest for our kids too.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.