how long will side effects last after stopping Lansoprazole

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

i stopped taking lansoprazole about 3 weeks ago, i was only on them about a month, i have had watery diahorrea ever since and am now feeling nausious, anyone else had gastric problems after and for how long please?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I am the same, can't seem to find out anywhere how long this lasts for? Please please someone tell when it'll stop!! 
  • Posted

I stopped take Lansoprazole about a week ago and my side effects are about the same, they do go and come back from time to time.
    • Posted

Walton I stopped Lansoprazole nearly 2 weeks ago and I still got shakes, tingeling in my limbs and somewhat brainfog at times plus major anxiety and tight muscles. How long did it take for your side effects to wear off after quitting? Stefan
    • Posted

Hi Stefan did you get over this and how please ? I get breathless with it too, istopped taking lanzoprasol 4 days ago,
    • Posted

Hi Stefano,

I know your post was over a year ago, but did you get over your symptoms after coming off Lansoprazole.

I ask this because it has been nearly two weeks for me coming off these drugs and I get shakes, pins and needles and feeling out of it.

Cheers

• Posted

I started taking lansoprazole about 4 weeks ago and have had diarrhoea since then and yesterday experienced a kind of tight muscle pain in my leg which left me limping I have decided to stop the tabs from tomorrow because I cannot deal with diarrhoea 

• Posted

Hi there,

Did you manage to get better after coming off the Lanzoprazole.

​As I have stopped taking this after a year and feel like I need the toilet constantly and not the front end.

​Thanks

• Posted

Hi.

Ano you posted this about a year ago but iv just come off

Lansoprosole after a few years on it. I was having anxiety

Attacks. Dizzy spells, tingling fingers, blood pressure issues.

Feeling down, and loose stools first thing in the morning.

But since iv come off them my tummy full of gas, churning and also have very loose undigested food stools.

Just wondered how you are now, if you managed to get sorted.and how. I'm at the doctors again tomoro and taking a sample with me, I wish I had never started taking them,

Side effects taking them and stopping them are herendous

• Posted

Hi Christine

Iv only joined this group.

Iv Been off lansoprosole for about 3 months.

After taking them for years

My heart burn I'm trying to control with diet,

But the main thing that concerns be is when I go to the toilet for number 2 I have very soft light undigested motions.

I'm at the doctors again tomoro and taking a sample with me.

I wish I'd never been put on them.

Are you all sorted now?? If so how long did it take and how did you do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.