How sick could someone plausibly get from Covid after being fully vaccinated?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Aside from the Pfizer vaccine being found 91.3% effective against a detectable infection, it is said that "The vaccine was 100% effective against severe disease as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and 95.3% effective against severe COVID-19 as defined by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)."

So do we have some good idea of what the worst plausible case of Covid would be like for someone who has been fully vaccinated? Apparently it wouldn't rise to the level of what the CDC considers "severe disease". For someone without complicating factors, are we talking about something like a bad bout of seasonal flu, with no lingering effects?

(If there's a better place to ask please point me there.)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

it is my understanding that if you were to get Covid after being fully vaccinated, it would be mild. Which makes sense because antibodies would be built up from getting Covid. this is what I have heard from doctors and scientists. it would not make sense to become seriously ill.

• Posted

Ive had both vaccines. 2nd dose was beginning of March. My area of work means I have to take 2 LFTs a week and 1 PCR. Never tested positive until last week. Shocked to test positive but no symptoms and noone in family has tested positive. Maybe a false positive but still having to isolate.

• Posted

Hi there. So I completed my Pfizer vaccine series in January. Never had covid before then. Two weeks ago I began experiencing a sore throat, which then turned into a runny nose, a dry hacking cough, then a productive cough, and finally loss of my sense of smell and taste. The last symptom was about 6 days after the sore throat. On day 6 I tested positive for covid. The coughing was the worst part. Today is the 3rd day of my isolation and I had a pretty bad headache. Had a random back ache and general body achiness. I suppose these are all mild symptoms of coronavirus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.