Hypersensitive skin (Cutaneous Hyperesthesia) as a symptom of COVID19

Posted , 2 users are following.

Within 8 hours of first experiencing symptoms (later confirmed by test as COVID) I began to experience extreme skin sensitivity, similar to a bad sunburn, on much of my skin, especially my abdomen, lower back and upper thighs. It was so sensitive, I was not able to wear a shirt or lie down to sleep (slept in a chair). When the other symptoms (fever, muscle pain, joint pain) began to intensify on days 2 and 3, I started to take extra strength Tylenol (aspirin is contraindicated for me). Within 30 mins of taking 2 of the Tylenol, the sensitivity was gone. Unfortunately, like clockwork, when the 8 hour dose of Tylenol ran out, the sensitivity returned just as strong as before. I am now on day 7 - and - although the other symptoms have rapidly dissipated (using the I-mask+ protocol), the skin issues continue unabated. I have done some research and found this to be a relatively rare symptom of COVID that sometimes spontaneously resolve without treatment - but I have seen no discussion about how to treat this symptom while it persists. At least for me, the answer is: Extra Strength Tylenol every 8 hours.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Both myself and my son have had skin hypersensitivity issues after suspected Covid infections.My son's skin problems and hypersensitivity went on for months and more severe than mine. He developed large patches of red circular itchy rashes that appeared in about 10 places moving locations, lasting over 6 weeks, 4 doctors who thought it was ringworm (yet did not respond to antifungal creams or meds). Finally last Doctor said try an antihistamine which did help.He also has ongoing headaches, fatigue and muscle pain. My skin sensitivity started just after his, and although I didn't get the rash, my skin has been itchy and sore like sunburn, and so sensitive I cannot even tolerate the pressure of my glasses on bridge of nose. My lips feel like chilblains and hands cold-clammy.My sore throat and post nasal fluid, and head fog started 8 weeks ago and haven't stopped. The only thing we have found that helps is antihistamines. We didn't get tested due to heavy snow storms and couldn't get there (think its too late now).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.