I don't know what's been going on with me lately, please help and advice.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I will try to make this as detailed and as short as possible. It all started in March of this year, I began experiencing something that had occurred to me when I was 14 (I'm 19 now) where I felt this tightness in my throat and the only way to relieve it was by taking a deep breath or yawning, except that it's usually not a satisfying feeling for a few attempts. When I was 14 it went away but it lasted the whole month of march. In April I felt fine, I didn't notice this being in issue but come May I feel like it's getting worse. I'm constantly feeling this urge (I don't notice this urge when I'm busy however) and it's an unpleasant feeling. This leads to this past weekend. Saturday I had some chest pains, I noticed the pain as a sharp pain lasting a few seconds to a few minutes. I felt the pain three times throughout Saturday, ironically they occurred after I ate. Sunday comes and I feel the pain once again in the morning, this time without eating, so I head to the ER where I had an X-Ray and echo done which were "normal" so I got dismissed without given a reason for my chest pain. It is now Monday, I haven't noticed the pain but here and there I feel a pain in my chest when I move or just a random pain without any movement. Also I don't know if related or not but I've had this headache since Saturday(along with my left big toe and some finger pain), it seems to be localized on my forehead right above my eyebrow. I'm a pretty anxious person and any feeling sends me into a frenzy, if anyone could shed some light would be helpful. I'm considering going to my GP but that will have to wait until Wednesday due to it being finals week. Anyways I'm really worried about all these feelings, anyone help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Honestly it really sounds like you have anxiety. Keep a journal and write down when it happens to you again, see if you were stressed or worried about anything at the time you get the pains. Good luck and keep us posted.
    • Posted

I went to my PCP today and feel as if it wasn't helpful. He appeared to be dismissive about all my symptoms. He mostly asked me about the chest pains. I'm still getting all the symptoms, the headaches, chest pains and the breathing thing although I don't know if it's related. He sent me to get some blood test done and prescribed some antiobotics not sure for what though. What worries me is that straining, bending over and coughing makes my headache worse. I have a follow up appointment next week but this whole thing has me extremely worried

• Posted

A tight throat can be a result of anxiety. In fact, if you look up the symptom "tight throat," the first thing that comes up is anxiety. As for the chest pain, it may be caused by acid reflux. After eating (and sometimes drinking really fast) it's not uncommon to get acid reflux depending on what you ate, especially citrus, spicy foods, garlic, pepper, and if you're lactose intolerant, dairy. Also, eating large meals can trigger acid reflux too. I used to have really bad acid reflux problems when I was younger (up to the point that it made me wheeze) so my doctor put me on Prevacid. All you may have to do is refine your diet a little, but if that doesn't work, I would recommend seeing a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.