I have been nausea for 4 weeks. Will omperazole 20mg twice a day help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started 40mg of omperazole today to help with nausea and Zofrin will this help?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure.  I didn't start taking it for nausea, but I have experienced a little bit since I've been tapering, so my guess is, it may help.  As far as Zofrin, I'm not familiar with that med.  Would you be able to start at 20 mg and see if that helps before jumping to 40?  That is, if it wasn't prescribed by your doctor to take 40.

• Posted

Hi Johnboy 164

Personally I would want to find out what is making me feel sick, you must be pretty miserable after 4 weeks! Zofran is an anti-nausea medicine and Omeorazole turns off the acid production in the tummy. Has your doctor diagnosed Acid reflux or GERD?

• Posted

I have been taking omeprazole 40MG once a day for a few years now due to horrible heartburn. It would make me nauseous. I started to take it on a full stomach cause the pharmacist told me it can do that to take it on a full stomach. Now the pharmacy is getting the omeprazole from a different distributor and I have been taking the different omeprazole since 1-28-17 and everyday I get nauseous even when taken on a full stomach and sometimes I end up throwing up cause it is bad. It is getting frustrating and omeprazole is the only thing that helps with my heart burn. If I take anything else I get heartburn all over again. Maybe time to see the doctor and ask if I could take a smaller does or what else I can do. 
    • Posted

People laugh at me and say it's in my mind, but I don't take generics if I can help it.  I know they are less expensive, but I tried the Omeprozole as opposed to Prilosec and it wasn't has effective.  Same with Zyrtec (for allergy).  Everyone is different in this belief, but this is the way it is for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.