i have been taking lansoperasole for 2 weeks and the last 3 days i have had terrible diarrehea

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was being sick after eating and when I laid down at night and coughing all the time. I went to the doctors and he gave me lansoperasole. After 2 weeks the coughing stopped but I now have terrible diarrehea and stomach cramps. I want to come off the lansoperasole but I don't want to keep coughing and being sick I'm going to try taking the lansoperasole every other day. Anyone else got this problem?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ask for a different PPI medication there are lots you could try 
  • Posted

Hi janet I.ve been taking lansoperzole for nine weeks now and the last few days I,ve had diarrhea I wondered if you had been any better since taking them every other day. 
    • Posted

I had such bad diarrheoa that I just stopped taking them altogether but now I'm sick after eating so I'm trying to adjust my diet to stop this - I did have the camera down my throat and ive got gastritis.

• Posted

Did you have sedation when you had camera put down 
    • Posted

yes I had sedation and they sprayed my throat - I thought I couldn't swallow properly at first because of the spray but I was fine.

• Posted

HI Janet how are you after stopping the lansoprazole are you feeling better . I,ve been having watery stools and having to run to the toilet every morning I,m wondering if this is beacause of the medication I,m taking mine for Barretts and an ulcer so can't really stop taking it. The doctor said to try buscapan but it hasn't helped I don't know what else to do . Have you tried anything else and if you have has it worked . I,d welcome any tips .

• Posted

Im still being sick after certain things - I can eat half a bowl of porridge but even a little more than half and I'm sick. Had l shredded wheat today and so far so good - 1 slice of toast with not too much butter stays down as well. Ive found that if I eat white cabbage I'm fine too. Boiled egg was fine too with 1 slice bread. My cousin whos a nurse said I should try a different ppi but I don't really want to take them again. she suggested Omeprazole so maybe you should try that - good luck xx

• Posted

Try having Gaviscon after meals it can make you constipated do would dry any loose stools up 
    • Posted

hi, thanks for commenting - It was weeks ago that I had the loose stools and ive got over it now (it lasted a week). I am sure the gaviscon would have worked but I wanted my body to eliminate the thing that was making my stools loose. Thanks again - be well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.