I have severe pain in left side of my groin, abdomen and left side of lower body

Posted , 1 user is following.

Sorry for lack of brevity but I wanted to give all the honest information

On Friday I had pain in my abdomen, groin, and left side of lower body (no chest pains)

I waited till Monday but got worse to the point I could NOT sit, walk or bend down without pain. Lying on bed was tolerable. So I called 999 and ambulance came and asked me if I wanted to go To QMC (Nottingham) or Derby hospital. For some reason they weren't allowed to take me to Nottingham City hospital

So I went to QMC Nottingham. I was taken to Urgent Care Unit. The waiting time was 6 HOURS. I waited 8 HOURS (that's not my problem)

While I was waiting I had to sit, which made my condition worse to the point of excruciating pain and pain going into my left leg which was perfectly fine. Waiting for 8 hours I can deal with but not sitting down.

I was sitting for most of the time and had to stand up a few times because of the pain but in my condition I couldn't stand for long

Anyway, the nurse\doctor said I was constipated. I have been constipated before but never experienced sharp excruciating pain. In fact I don't think I ever experienced any pain. They told me to take laxatives and the pain will go away.

I emptied my bowels and the pain is still there. I'm lying down. I can't sit. I walk occasionly but it's painful if I walk.

I'm scared to go to hospital again. They don't seem to believe my pain or they don't seem to care. They are 100% overworked and every seat had a person it it. In fact, some people were standing. I don't blame them for that. I am also a son of a doctor so completely understand the pressures of the job.

1. Fact is I'm in low level of pain lying down BUT I know I will be in excruciating pain if I have to wait 8 hours again. When I go is there anything I can say or do to at least lie down on a bed or bed trolley

2. Does anybody have any idea why I'm still in pain?

They tool abdomen xray, blood tests, urine test and rectal examination. Has anyone experienced this before?

I'm sure it's more than constipation

is it misdiagnosis? should they do other tests? Should I wait longer?

(btw I've suffered cancer, epididimytis, asthma, diabetes and never complained of hospital treatment or pain)

1. Also should my next step be to call 111, go to GP or call 999 again because I'm in as much pain as I was on Monday. The hospital doctor said I could do the same thing but again I'm worried about the same thing happening.

2. Also any pain relief I can request instead of Ibuprofen (stronger)

I can't stay in my bed forever. Even in bed I can only lie in 2 positions

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.