I'm on Versatis medicated plasters with no success

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I've had two abdominal surgeries in three years . Firstly I lost half my bowel through peritonitis which was caused by gluten.

Then lastly, for hernia repairs and seven twists in my bowel, leaving me with a large nine inch scar on my right side of my abdomen.

Over the last eighteen months I have been in severe pain mostly during the day.

The pain clinic put on abdomine 700mg lidocaine medicated plasters daytime, 12 hours on and night time 12 hours off. Then Amitriptyline 10mg 1-5 tablets at night to be used together for 6 months, that was 5 months ago, I have one month to go. I have followed the clinics advise.

I also take paracetamol as well so far they have not worked.!!!

I walk a lot which sometimes can bring the pain on.

Does anyone find you have the same negative results with these patches .

Pat

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i was on lidocaine patches when I had a spinal cord stimulator put in. the battery wound was excruciating (i had thecsurgery then the surgery was re done a week later for complications). the patches worked well for a while but then they stopped working. i'm assuming because I built up a tolerance which I suspect has happened to you. you may need an increase dise for while.

Take care. melissa

• Posted

Hello Melissa.

Yes I thought they worked in the first month or so , then seemed to stop?

I never thought of increasing the dose of the patches that sounds a good idea!

I'm suppose to increase the Amitripyline medication from 1-5 pills at night for pain.

I'm told they are an old antidepressant drug from 1961 . I don't think they worked to well, now they are trying to use them for pain management?

Sadly 1-2 knocks me out and I have a job to wake up in the morning; so I really don't want to take any more of those if I can help it.

But I shall double up on the patches.

Thank you kindly for your advise.

Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.