I think I have klinefelter syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am male 21 years old I think I have klinefelter syndrome because I have wide hips and small breast but I have facial hair and heavy arm, legs and pubic hair and little chest and abdominal hair and my penis size is 17 cm and testes size are 5cm / 4 cm and my height is 171 cm and my sex drive is high. But my body shape make me depressed. What's your opinion about these symptoms?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Best advice I can offer is hope that it's not klienfelters syndrome I suggest getting your blood drawn by your internal medicine doctor takes as little as 24 hours to get results. Ks is a tough deficiency to live with. I discovered mine when I was 18years old.I'm 53 years old and already suffered a massive heart attack this year..linked to coronary artery disease involving Ks.as our bodies age Ks rears its ugly head and despite a life of struggles with it please get the best endocrinologist you can to help you. But start with blood test.I hope that it's not klienfelters syndrome for you. From what you describe it may not be Ks.good luck mate.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    See your doctor and ask to get a karyotype blood test. This will determine if you have a trisomy 23 chromosomal condition such as XXY Klienfelters. This test does not check any actual genes, just identifies the whole chromosome pair.

    There are other conditions that could also have such symptoms. A mild androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS) could cause you to have extremely high testosterone blood levels. When this happens more of the free testosterone in the blood gets converted to estrogen by the enzyme aromatase. Varients of AIS are caused by a mutation of the Androgen Receptor (AR) gene. The effect of a particular mutation depends on the location of the chemical change along the gene. This requires a fairly expensive gene sequencing blood test to check your gene against the database of over 600 known mutations.

    Taking extra anabolic steroid hormones for body building often can result in similar symtoms. The extra high testosterone gets converted to estrogen. Breast tissues can grow and since you are so young, female like hip spreading can happen as estrogen effects greater bone growth in the unfused pelvic bones on the ischium and at the pubic symphasis.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up