I’ve had groin pain for 6 month

Posted , 2 users are following.

Back in July I used a cross trainer while attempting to lose weight 

On and off since I get groin pain at my right side, sometimes it’s the annoying uncomfortable pain others it takes a few minutes on massaging before it calms down. Last weekend (Saturday) I landed in a&e because after moving my daughters bike I felt a pop then later the pain was so bad I couldn’t move off the couch, I couldn’t walk and felt physically sick with the pain. I was told it’s was a groin strain, handed painkillers put in bed rest and sent home, come Wednesday the pain was gone. I took it easy both Wednesday and Thursday and just got about as usual Friday  no pain at all. Now it’s saturday again and I’m stuck on the sofa with severe burning pain down the outside and middle of my right thigh. I’m considering going to the doctor to ask for X-rays or something as it feels like it’s judt getting worse. 

I’m also aware that if I have injured myself at the start my weight won’t be helping but it’s kind of hard to lose weight when I struggle to walk across the living room

Has anyone experienced this or any tips to help the pain. I have a 4yr old to look alone after until I can see my doctor. Thanks 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like nerve pain. I've been having pain on my left upper thigh and in my search for what is wrong with me I ran into information about what you're describing. I'm sorry that I don't remember where I found that information but I think if you Google it you'll find it. The only thing I remember specifically is that it was caused by a pinched nerve. I think you need to go see a physical therapist. He can show you some exercises that you can do to help stretch that area out and of course it will help you with your weight loss too.

• Posted

This morning I was massaging the thigh to try and rid some of the pain so I could get out of bed, while massaging my hand brushed across above my knee and I’ve felt a massive lump around the size of a tangerine, I’m scheduling an appointment with my doctor first thing in the morning

Thank you  

• Posted

That's scary! I can't believe it didn't show to the naked eye. But it's a very good thing you found it. I hope it turns out to be benign and no big deal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.