iam Stop the omeprazole

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi im Stop the omeprazole

How long does it take to remove the effects of the medicine? And I still feel some of the side effects of the drug in my body

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Dear alidp,

I don't think there is a standard answer.  I believe the biggest factor may be how long you have been/were taking omeprazole.  I was taking lansoprazole for 4 to 5 years.  I have been off it for 2 years and I am still experiencing side effects.  Sorry I don't have better answer.

Best wishes

• Posted

I have been off all my PPI drugs for over three years.  I was taking them for almost five years.  PPi drugs basically stop stomach acid production, and that prevents proper digestion of food, so many side effects are related to nutritional deficiencies.  Vegetables are the main source of these nutrients. Every morning I make a yogurt, veggie, fruit smoothie.  I make four large cupfuls and drink them during the day.  During breakfast I take 11 vitamin mineral supplements. Multi mineral, multi B vitamin, vitamin D, magnesium 500 mg, garlic capsule,biotin,termeric,ginseng, enzyme/probiotic.  Juicing is more effective if you can juice.  The idea is to take in high nutrition to help the body repair.  It can not repair without nutrition.  Unfortunately, most food have little nutrition.  Give it a try and see if it works for you.

• Posted

Hey I was on them for 6 months and now off the 3 months every day I have heartburn which I never had before..
    • Posted

That's why you take them..I asked my Dr if all the rumors about them being unsafe were true and hexl said no..they are safe..I've been on omeprazole for over 20 years..I'd have horrible heartburn and acid reflux if I wasn't on them

• Posted

Like Jonathan57679, I have been taking supplements and eating better.  I try to consume foods that are rich in potassium.  My main symptoms that still persist (but have been improving) are tight back and neck muscles.  They feel like they are in a constant cramp.  The chronic exposure to PPIs have altered how the body absorbs nutrients.  It sounds like you have caught the problem early enough and discontinued the omeprazole.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.  
    • Posted

i am like you My main symptoms that still persist are stomach muscles
    • Posted

So my back muscles were affecting my abdominals as well.  Whenever I felt tight in my back, I also felt it in my stomach.  At times, it became hard to breathe.  Anyway, I got a endoscopy to make sure I did not have any erosive conditions, cancer, etc.  Now that I am supplementing via supplements and diet, I am feeling better but it is a battle.  Some days I feel good and other days, not so much.  I also added ACV to my diet.  In my opinion, I think I need the acid to help with digestion, promote gastric emptying and absorption.  The faster the emptying, the better for your reflux.  This is contraversial but it works for me.

Best of luck in your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.