Ibuprofen overdose

Posted , 3 users are following.

Severe menstrual cramping with periods runs in my family, however when I started my period 5 years ago it wasn’t this bad, I took 100 mg of Motrin throughout the day and it kept the pain under control. I’m now 19 and within the last year every period keeps me bed ridden for the first day or two. I take close to 3,000 MG of Motrin a day for the first two days on my period just to keep from screaming in pain. And if I forget to take it  dear god its at least 2 hours on the toilet crying in pain with dihharea and cramps before it starts to work. This happens a day or two before I even start my period and it makes any events I had planned for the day undoable or unbearable. I have tried acupuncture and it has not touched it. I have been prescribed birth control but am hesitant to take it due to my other chronic health problems (anemia and severe Ibs and anxiety/mood things) but I’ll probably need to because I’m thinking maxing out the dosage long term  will be severely damaging,anyone been in a situation like this 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have you looked into getting an IUD? Those don't include hormones that affect anxiety/depression/mood swings and help lessen the load of blood/pain. Def check them out.

• Posted

I wonder if the majo clinic might be able to help you. I am so sorry you are having such a horrific experience. Can’t help but wonder if your hormones might be off balance. I really believe you need expert knowledgeable drs to help you. Have you googled drs that practice women’s cycles etc. keep fighting honey get the help! I’m sending thousands of hugs and my very best wishes your way. 🍀??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.