IIH AND WORK - can it be done?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am sorry to be on here asking so many questions but having just been diagnosed and finding you wonderful people I can not help myself.  

Basically I would like to know how people cope holding down a full time job. I am getting quite anxious as I am back to work on Monday following the summer break I am a primary school teacher. 

I need to work to survive and support my family but and that is a big BUT I do nof know how I am going to cope as I suffer so badly with fatigue as well as memory loss, numb feet and hands and what feels like the beginning of dementia ?!?

Please let me know how you all manage x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I work full time with a lot of symptoms but I'm not a teacher. I work security. So a little different. You have to educate the youth on becoming productive individuals. I have to educate adults on how to obey the law and not be a thief or an a**hole, so you have a little bigger of a challenge then I do maybe. Do you have a shunt in? If jot have you thought about that route? I've been told i may have to go that route and I'm not sure if I would, I don't know to much about them. I know one person that might but he's not around right now.

• Posted

Good morning , I am currently on sick leave from my employment and have been since may I’m still waiting for appointments every day I feel unwell headache, pins and needles, tiredness, eye pain , I feel sick most days too ... hopefully when I’ve seen my neurologist and neuro ophthalmologist they will try and get symtoms under control. I am not well enough to go to work and that’s nearly 4 month since all this started happening , How are you feeling? X
  • Posted

Thank you so much for your emails and support. I do not have a shunt but would get one if they advised that. 

I went to work today but no kids till Wednesday but it was quite funny as when my alarm went off this morning I couldn't remember what I had to do and then it came to me... go to work... bizarre I would never dream that I would forget. X

• Posted

Hi I also get numbness and tingling in feet and hands and gets cold and feet and legs hurt feel like I need to elivate them , sometimes my mind goes so blank and I’m literally baffled and have a bit of a blip moment where I won’t remember the name of someone or something or remember something . I am so drained it’s makinf me so ill I try and fight it but I can’t ! Acetalmozide are you on that medication ? Can cause pins and needles in legs hands and feet but what I experience is more than that and my jaw ticks when I talk and makes me pronounce a word funny ... get eyelid twitches too or what feels like my muscles randomly moving all over my body some where ?
    • Posted

I have very similar symptoms as you. Just keep plodding on that's all you can do.

Good luck 😉 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.