Intense pain in right armpit, some help please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a constant sharp pain in my armpit for probably about a month now, I haven't done anything about it as I thought it was just a pulled muscle. I don't play high intensity sport and I dont remember any trauma from any heavy lifting so I have ruled that out as well as searched for ingrown hairs and that's a no. Last night the pain got so bad I ended up in hospital but all they did was send me home with some pain killers and no explanation other than "see your GP" and explaining that they can't pin point any issues? which after waiting for 4 hours to hear and paying 177 bucks, was not happy with. The pain has subsided a bit more today but is still there but I have started feeling very ill. I can't stand or sit up without feeling incredibly faint, my appetite has disappeared and I have the worst headaches I've ever had verging on migraines. I am wondering if anyone could piece this together for me or help me understand a bit before I see my GP this week. Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Molly;   no I can't give you very much in "correct answers"; but  will ask, " do you  feel any lumps under the armpit"?    With your headaches, nausea and  feintness/dizziness, , am wondering if either you may have been bitten by something,,or have an underlying virus??    I  am assuming that you had basic bloods done while in the   A&E, and am hoping that these results  have been forwarded onto your GP??

• Posted

Hi molly4404

When you see your doc ask for an ESR blood test for inflammation...if it comes back positive your doc will treat you for it...best wushes....

• Posted

lilian,

I'm so glad you mentioned this test, that's such a wonderful Ideal and something that I didn't know about before now. You may have helped me with a problem I'm having. The ony difference is that my swelling is visible and I took a medrol pack for inflammation last week and 2 days after being off my hand started swelling again.

• Posted

I assuming there is no lump or nodule under your arm. Another thing is to check your breasts for lumps. I don't want to scare you but

Often times with breast cancer they take out the lymph nodes as well as the breast so one would think that it could be breast related. That's all I have

• Posted

Molly,

Lillian has a wonderful Ideal and that could very well help you in your search for what your problem might stem from, I wish you all the luck in the world as I know how aggravating it is to know there is something wrong but it seems like nobody wants to give you the answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.