Intermittent pain on the latissimus dorsi under the arm pit for 7 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having this pain for more than 7 months. It is intermittent, poking like pain on the right side muscle that is under the armpit. There is no pain on the back. It all started from a severe flu/cold last winter.

The doctors don't know what could have caused this. Some think it was nerve damage. Others think it might be soft tissue. I have gone through physiotherapy, massage, acupuncture, cupping, Chinese medicine, you name it, but none worked. I don't feel more or less pain when I use the muscle. I do feel it more if I had bad night sleep or mentally stressed. If I touch the area gently with like a comb I feel some tingling but not the same type of pain and not severe. I also had a ultra sound and there was nothing obvious with it.

I recently noticed if I massage the muscle from back to front with some force, deep inside I could feel some up-down-direction string like thing that would bump my finger. Not sure if it was just normal muscle nods or something relevant. Could it still be some infection or inflammation? I don't feel it. There is nothing on the skin as well.

I am really running out options, and patience as well.. It becomes more and more a mental challenge. I had been a healthy male, 35 years of age, doing regular exercises, rarely eating junk food, and do 8+ hours of sleep every night. I really don't know what I did to deserve this.. Please help! Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I am wondering if a sports doctor might help you? Maybe a physical therapist? Having a major health issue is so depressing. I am so sorry you are facing this and not getting the help you need, it just stinks!! I wonder if coaches for sports might have suggestions or athletes themselves might have insights. Ther are medical websites like the majo clinic that have programs that suggest what the condition is based on the symptoms. Maybe teaching hospitals or clinics such as mayo could direct you where to seek help.  Best of luck and I am sending you a hug. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.