Is a persistent headache normal?

Posted , 1 user is following.

21yo male, no other conditions, not a smoker. I was diagnosed just yesterday. It all began with weakness, a severe headache, and soon after the fever set in. It's currently 5am on day 3, and the fever has been raging on, constantly. I've been taking at least 3 antipyretics a day because it's unbearable and it makes me extremely miserable, plus the weather here is already very hot. I've been alternating between ibuprofen and soluble paracetamol. Paracetamol works faster but seems to last a little bit less, it also contains a lot of sodium from what i know, ibuprofen takes forever to work (at least 40-50 minutes) but it seemed to last a bit longer, but I've also read it can be hard on the kidneys. I managed to fall asleep through the fever last night (which always peaks at 38.8-39.2), I've been taking my temperature using the oral route under the tongue, and I remember to add the extra 0.4-0.6c. However I woke up an hour ago and even though it kinda seemed to have dropped, it came back up in no time, I couldn't take it any more and took another ibuprofen (400mg). This one didn't seem to work as efficiently as it used to, it took about 50 minutes to work, and my temperature barely dropped below 39, I do feel comfortable enough though. Is it normal for a fever to be constant like this? I mean as soon as the meds start to wear off my temperature skyrockets immediately. This is my first time being infected this bad and I'm worried, I got it from my mother who doesn't have any fever at all.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

SORRY I MEANT "A PERSISTENT FEVER"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.