Is it ever going to just end and be gone

Posted , 7 users are following.

this is a stressful time for everyone. im so fed up with it. I have a 5 year old little boy and i worry so much for him. he is my life. id be lost without him and hed be lost without me.. when is this virus ever going to end. like is it ever going to just go away. im terrified if it even with all these restrictions and hygene prctice and everything. in still scared we mite catch it. im 28 next month my little boy is 5. πŸ˜”πŸ˜ͺ

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

If you don't have the virus Rachel just stay at home with your family and wash your hands keep everyone safe it's a stressful time for us all try and concentrate on doing things together and stop watching the news Gary

• Posted

I'm afraid it's not going anytime soon. Which country are you in?

Just have to accept it that it will take a lot of time and stick it out. I used to fly frequently for work and things will not go back to normal for me for a very very long time.

• Posted

Just stay at home and you will be safe. Don't go out if it's not required. Wash your hands and wear a mask while going out. Hope this will end soon and everyone will be safe.

• Edited

The best thing you can do is stay home with your little boy. I know these are difficult times, but if you follow the health guidelines, the risk of you or your son getting the virus is low. Especially if you stay home. If you have your own yard, you can play outside with him. if available you can order groceries to be delivered., etc

try not to show your fear to your son because the sense that and become scared also. I have stayed away from the news because it has affected me negatively. There’s really nothing that new day today anyway so I try to focus on things that make me laugh and that are positive. i even play online games with my kids and grandkids!

hang in there. we are all in the same situation and you are not forgotten. We are here for you if you need to vent or ask questions. ❀.

• Posted

thanks jan. i just i dont know it just feels like its never gonna be over that its gonna be like this forever. yeah ur right i definetly dont want to make my baby scared. i keep thinking like what if we have to live this way forever what if my little boy never gets to go back to school and see his friends. what if i never get to take my baby to the park and playground again or take him on holiday. this virus has ruined so many lives. those poor people who have lost loved ones and the ones that have actually died. It breaks my heart. i sit here in tears as i write this πŸ˜ͺ πŸ’—πŸ’—

• Edited

Well unlike the flu, this virus doesn't seem to make children that sick and lots of children don't even have symptoms. I don't think I have heard of any fatalities of children under 9. Are you or your child on the extremely vulnerable list? If not and you are under 60, the likelihood of you getting seriously ill or worse from the virus are extremely low. The media hypes up all the deaths of covid 19, but a virologist on the television has said the other week that now they think the death statistics are about the same as bad strain of the flu, the only difference being, children can be much more affected by the flu. You don't hear every year about how many people die from the flu do you? Well the numbers are quite high and that is even with a vaccine, so if you weren't terrified by the flu, you shouldn't be terrified by this. It is more contagious, but the risk to young healthy people are very minimal, the reason we have to isolate is to avoid spreading it to more vulnerable people. Try and look at the positives rather than the negatives, you get to spend lots of quality time with your son.

• Posted

Thank you so much. no we actually arnent in the vulnerable list thank god. its so hard to not think but i guess u are right. the media hypes everything up. il try to just be positive thank u for advice appreciate it πŸ’—πŸ’—

• Edited

Something fun you can do with your son is virtual visits. They do virtual visits to the zoo, Buckingham palace and natural history museum and loads of other places. It can take your mind off everything and give him something to be interested in.

• Posted

aw thats cool might try that hed love it. thank u πŸ’–πŸ’–

• Edited

hi Rachel.. I can relate to how you are feeling.. i have a little boy age 4 and i suffer with health anxiety.. Prior to lockdown I was putting myself crazy over sanitising everything and constantly worrying if i had touched anything without washing hands, thinking the worst outcome of every scenario.. 9 days into lockdown my little boy developed a dry cough its lasted 4-5 weeks.. it was mild and his form was still good.. about 9 days after he took unwell i have developed a viral pneumonia.. My doctor has told me it is very likely we have both had covid.. My little boy is 100% and i had some inflammation in lung and cough left.( I had a previous pneumonia which has left my lung scarred) . We fortunetely are both fine.. Just like the vast majority of people who contract the illness will be.. The reason I am telling you as as much I tried to control the situation and worry endlessly.. What happened happened.. If i had of been told that we were both going to get ill before lockdown i would of gone into a full blown panic.. Sometimes you need to take each day as it comes and do your best at the time.. Stay home and enjoy your little boy.. When you can take 10 minutes to yourself try to mediatate or deep breath.. Dont submerge yourself with news or negative reports of covid.. Dont underestimate your own strength

Take Care

• Posted

im so glad yous are feeling better again thank god. yeah you are right i cannot control it. all i can do is hope. thank you so much for sharing that with me. health anxiety is not easy. ive suffered with it for years. The news is also the worst because it has nothing but bad news. im suffering with a cough at the moment but i had the test for the virus thankfully it came back clear. the reason i was tested was because i i am short of breath at times my doctor gave me antibiotics incase if chest infection but because if this virus i think im focusing too much on my breathing i dont know. anyway if i dont feel better in a few days i will have a chest xray. but hopefully i wont need it i think everything is just getting to me at the moment cant seem to switch off but im gonna try to be positve from now on as hard as it is πŸ’—

• Posted

It can all be very overwhelming.. And especially when you already have a health anxiety.. Having a little one to look after also when your not well is especially difficult. I would love to find a way to be less anxious.. truth is its a normal human response and most people have some level of anxiety at the moment..Just acknowledging it and not reacting too much to it is what i am trying to work on..

Im the same i was on antibiotics just to safe guard against any bacterial infection that may set in.. Your doing everything necessary.. Really hope your feeling an improvement soon.. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.