Is it really possible to test positive twice???

Posted , 4 users are following.

i tested positive for covid in late March and was released after testing negative nearly 3 months later. Then yesterday I tested positive AGAIN. Is that even possible? Testing positive twice in one year?? I feel as if the second test was a false positive. Anyone know anything about that?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

it could be related to faulty testing because that does happen. They still don’t know everything about this virus. They don’t know if once you’ve had it whether you’re immune from getting Covid again or not. so either one of those could have happened.

you could get retested. Are you having any symptoms of Covid? There are so many unknowns right now. Hopefully in the near future there will be more definite answers.

• Posted

Most scientists say that people who have had Covid-19 gain some immunity to the virus that causes it. What they don’t know is whether that protection lasts a few months, a few years or a lifetime. Resent research studies have shown that viral fragments can circulate even after an individual is symptom-free. That doesn’t mean that people are still sick or infectious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.